- Faithful to our project of studying Arab Islam from its sources and cultivating a fertile academic and interreligious dialogue, the members of IDEO are engaged, in Egypt and the rest of the world, in different research projects.
- We publish the results of our research and those of our collaborators in our periodical MIDEO (Miscellany of the Dominican Institute for Oriental Studies in Cairo), as well as in other journals and publications. The next issue of MIDEO will be devoted to Ḥadīṯ. The deadline to submit an article is May 1st, 2018. All the relevant information is here.
- We regularly organize lectures in Cairo as part of our research seminars, as well as conferences. The last conference took place in Paris in April, and was devoted to the relationship between Shiism and Christianity.
- Our library, specializing in classical Arab-Muslim heritage, is open to all students from the Masters level on up by simply presenting an ID card and with payment of our registration fees (50 LE per year). The catalogue is accessible online. You can check on the agenda located on the right side of this page whether the library is open to the readers today.
- In our Scholars’ House, we welcome those who wish to work on their research in a suitable environment.
- Two years ago, we launched a five-year training program for several young, international Dominican brothers in Arabic and Islamic studies.
- Through the support of our friends, we are able to look forward to our future in peace. Thank you all.
Click here to subscribe or unsubscribe to our newsletter. If you would like to receive our invitations for the seminar, please mark the corresponding box.